Be prepared for screening. Please ensure that all liquids, gels and aerosols in your carry-on baggage are in containers of 100ml or less and placed in a clear, 1L resealable bag. Click here for more information about carry-on baggage requirements.
Walk-through Metal Detector
As part of the screening process, you will need to pass through the walk-through metal detector. This process should be quick and efficient if you:
- Properly plan what to wear.
- Put your change and keys in your carry-on and other personal items such as your smartphone and coat in the plastic bins.
- Place your plastic bins and carry-on baggage on the baggage screening belt for x-ray.
If you trigger the alarm on the walk-through metal detector, or if you are selected at random, you may be asked to undergo additional screening.
Follow these tips to decrease the likelihood of setting off the alarm at the walk-through metal detector:
- Wear easy-to-remove outerwear, jackets, belts and slip-on shoes.
- Limit jewelry to small earrings, watches, wedding bands/engagement rings, eyeglasses.
- Wear clothing without snaps, metal buttons or studs.
- Wear shoes without metal arches, buckles, steel-toes or shanks.
- Avoid wearing belts with large metal buckles.
- Remove hidden body piercings before you fly.
Did you know?